5659 William and Mary Street Mobile, Al 36608
For more information or to volunteer:
Jim Mather: email@example.com
Cell phone: 251-458-7257
Mary Mather: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell phone 251-554-6862
Friends of Internationals is a ministry and registered students organization(at the University of South Alabama) focused on reaching international students with the gospel of Jesus Christ. This ministry was begun in 1996 and been directed by Jim and Mary Mather since the summer of 1998. The major focus is on developing meaningful friendships that honor Jesus Christ and display his love and mercy. As we begin building these relationships, God has been faithful in developing a 'home away from home' for students, refugees and others in need of community.
Types of Activities
Weekly Bible studies
Cultural Dinners and Events
Who can be involved
International students have left their friends and family in their home nation. We have found that volunteers from all ages are effective in providing friendship and family for these students. Singles, Married couples, Married Couples with children and Seniors are all welcome and will find the students receptive to friendship development.
How to Get Involved
- Participate in one of our periodic cross cultural training days which are usually open at the beginning of each semester. This half day teaching provides good basic training in how to relate in a God honoring and wise way across cultural barriers.
- Attend our activities on a consistent basis to allow for the development of ongoing relationships.
- Pray for the ministry
- Volunteer to help cook, setup and breakdown at events
- Help with rides to local events and shopping for students without cars
- Provide guidance about the local culture
Important Links to information about Friends of Internationals