Community Group Discussion Questions
November 12, 2017
Ruth: The Story of a Faithful Redeemer | 2:17-23
- Philippians 4:19 says, “My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Describe this hope that Paul speaks of in light of Ruth’s life. What does this mean for your own life? How does the gospel change our perspective of hope?
- One commentator writes, “We should trust in Christ alone for our daily bread instead of wandering off to search for crumbs in the field of another.” What are the crumbs we often find ourselves searching for?
- How is Ruth’s incorporation by faith into God’s family a foreshadowing of what was to come in the New Testament (Acts 2:1-39)?
- Read Romans 8:23. What does this tell us about God’s timing and our anticipation? What are some ways we can remain faithfully patient for our redemption?
- Pondering God’s awesome grace and covenant faithfulness is the remedy for our hard and bitter hearts. What does this mean for us individually and as the church.